Welcome to 1st & 2nd Grade
2018 - 2019 Supplies List
Following is a list of school supplies you will need to bring with you on the first day of school. We look forward to seeing you!
Parents, please take note of the brands, if listed. They have been selected because they have proved to work more effectively and/or are more durable.
1. #2 Ticonderoga pencils sharpened* (36 or more pencils)
2. purple Elmer’s glue sticks* (4 or more large sticks)
3. white rectangular erasers* (3 or more white erasers)
4. Dry erase markers (4 or more markers)
5. 1 box of Crayola Colored Pencils* (16 or more pencils)
6. 1 box of Crayola Crayons* (24 or more crayons)
7. 1 package of wide Mr. Sketch Markers scented* (12 or more markers)
8. large containers of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes* (4 or more containers)
9. large tissue boxes* (3 or more boxes)
10. Purell hand sanitizer dispenser bottles, 8 fl. oz. or larger* (2 or more bottles)
11. 1 Mead 5 Star Plastic Folder * (can be found at Office Depot, Staples, Target or Walmart) This will be their daily folder. It must be durable.
12. A spill-proof water bottle (marked with your child's name)
13. A 1" 3-ring binder (marked with your child's name on the outside, top right corner)
14. A wide-ruled composition journal (marked with your child’s name on the outside, top right corner)
15. A 5" x 8" Pencil Box (one box only and please mark with your child's name)
16. A pair of kid scissors with blunt or rounded tip (marked with your child's name)
17. A Prang Watercolor Set & Brush (8 or more colors)
* These items will be collected on the first day of school and then used throughout the year as needed.
Please Note: If your child would like to bring special pens, erasers, etc. in addition to what is listed above they need to be marked with their name and must fit inside of their pencil box. In our classroom we use #2 pencils, have access to two mechanical sharpeners, and use classroom rulers. Please do not send mechanical pencils, hand held sharpeners, or rulers.
Please call if you have questions. I am looking forward to a wonderful year with your child in my classroom!
~ Miss Jewett